Logo Image links to home page

Store Telephone: (317)926-4467

Menu


These 5 point inverted star badges were used from 1883-1902 and it's design was based on a medal worn by the GAR Grand Army of the Republic during the civil war.

The Indianapolis sheild badge was worn from 1902-1916. All officers in the department were to report to the clerk to pay $1 to receive their new badge. The previously issued 5pt. stars had been free.

The IPD 6 point star badge was worn between 1916-1927 and was made as a replacement to the previous shield style badge, of which over 1000 were in the hands of the general population.